Samsung Galaxy A8+ launched in India for Rs32,900
Samsung Galaxy A8+ will be sold exclusively on Amazon from 20 January
New Delhi: Samsung India on Wednesday launched its first smartphone with dual front camera, Galaxy A8+, for Rs32,900.
The phone will be sold exclusively on Amazon from 20 January.
The device boasts a 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory and expandable memory of up to 256 GB, apart from a large infinity display. It has a 16MP+8MP front camera and 16 MP rear camera.
With this launch, it seems the Indian arm of the South Korean manufacturer wants to take on OnePlus 5T, which is available at the same price point.
“With Galaxy A8+, we are bringing our customers’ favourite features from our flagship smartphones, such as the infinity display and our first dual front camera with live focus to our Galaxy A series,” said Aditya Babbar, general manager, mobile business, Samsung India.
The phone comes preloaded with Samsung Pay, which allows users to transact virtually.
- Awareness of cyber threats to cryptocurrencies is very low in India: report
- Crime linked to Blockchain soars 629% in Q1, says report
- IBM builds Artificial Intelligence machine that can debate with humans
- Not just IRCTC app, Indian Railways now has an app for almost every service it offers
- Wikipedia edit-a-thons: Fighting the fake news menace, one edit at a time
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one