IRCTC orders enquiry into complaint on food of Duronto Express
IRCTC has ordered an enquiry into a complaint by a passenger of the 12246 Yeswantpur-Howrah Duronto Express about the quality of food served to him in the train
Kolkata: The Railway’s food catering arm Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has ordered an enquiry into a complaint by a passenger of the 12246 Yeswantpur-Howrah Duronto Express about the quality of food served to him in the train, an IRCTC official said on Tuesday.
IRCTC Group General Manager (east zone) Debasish Chanda said that there were, however, tweets by at least 23 passengers travelling by the same train that reached Howrah last evening stating that the quality and taste of the food served to them were good.
“The gentleman may not have liked the taste, but the food served to him was definitely not stale,” Chanda said.
He said that despite that, an enquiry was ordered immediately after the complaint was lodged yesterday.
IRCTC officials said that the passenger has said that he generally travels in higher class, but was travelling in the Sleeper class during this journey since he could get a confirmed ticket in the air conditioned classes.
This may have led to his not liking the taste of the food served to him in the particular class, an official said.
- Donald Trump says deal ‘could very well happen’ with China
- India-Denmark relations improve, skirting Kim Davy’s extradition
- PM Modi inaugurates country’s first private Howitzer plant
- At Kolkata rally, opposition parties announce more unity shows
- IRCTC scam: Delhi court extends Lalu Prasad’s interim bail till Jan 28
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies