Foreign minister Sushma Swaraj meets Sri Lankan finance minister
New Delhi: Sushma Swaraj j on Saturday met Sri Lankan finance minister Mangala Samaraweera and discussed issues of development cooperation between the two countries.
“EAM @SushmaSwaraj met with Mr Mangala Samaraweera, Finance Minister of Sri Lanka. Leaders discussed bilateral issues of developmental cooperation,” MEA spokesperson Raveesh tweeted.
Sri Lanka is one of the major recipients of development credit given by India, with total commitment of around $2.63 billion, including $458 million as grants.
Under a line of credit of $167.4 million, the tsunami-damaged Colombo-Matara rail link has been repaired and upgraded. Another line of credit of $800 million for track laying and supply of rolling stock to support construction of railway lines in northern Sri Lanka is already operational.
In October 2014, the Pallai-Jaffna reconstructed railway track and signal system was inaugurated thereby reconnecting Jaffna to Colombo by rail.
- Network18 reports Q3 net profit of Rs12.7 crore
- Workers at Apple supplier Catcher Technology describe harsh conditions in China’s Suqian
- This year’s corporate space race: Getting ready for astronauts, then tourists
- Super-premium liquor to become cheaper in Karnataka
- Amaravati: core infra to be ready by year-end