Sunjuwan attack: Body of another soldier recovered, toll rises to 10
The body of another soldier was recovered from the encounter site inside the Sunjuwan military camp, taking the death toll in the terror attack to 10
Jammu: The body of another soldier was on Tuesday recovered from the encounter site inside the Sunjuwan military camp here, taking the death toll in the terror attack to 10, including six Army personnel and three terrorists of the Jaish-e- Mohammad (JeM).
The body of the Army jawan was recovered during the clearance operation at the camp on Monday night, Jammu-based Army Public Relation Officer Lt Col Devender Anand told PTI. A group of heavily-armed men struck the sprawling camp of the 36 brigade of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry before dawn on 10 February, killing six people including five soldiers.
Five Army personnel, hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, and the father of one of the slain soldiers, were killed and 10 others, including two officers and six women and children, were injured in the incident.
The bodies of the three terrorists of the JeM outfit were also recovered along with huge cache of arms and ammunition during the search operation. Meanwhile, Lt Col Anand said chief minister Mehbooba Mufti is attending the wreath-laying ceremony of the four slain soldiers, belonging to the Kashmir Valley, at the airport here.
He said that the mortal remains of four Kashmiri soldiers and the civilian would be flown to Srinagar after the wreath- laying ceremony around 11 am and thereafter to their native places for burial.
- Donald Trump says deal ‘could very well happen’ with China
- India-Denmark relations improve, skirting Kim Davy’s extradition
- PM Modi inaugurates country’s first private Howitzer plant
- At Kolkata rally, opposition parties announce more unity shows
- IRCTC scam: Delhi court extends Lalu Prasad’s interim bail till Jan 28
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies