Supreme Court crisis: Bar Council of India delegation to meet judges
New Delhi: A Bar Council of India (BCI) delegation led by its chairman Manan Kumar Mishra is meeting Supreme Court judges Sunday to discuss the unprecedented crisis that has hit the judiciary.
According to people familiar with the development, the seven-member delegation has already met some of the judges of the top court and are scheduled to meet remaining judges including Chief Justice of India Dipak Mishra during the course of the day.
The BCI had yesterday formed a seven member delegation to meet and discuss with the apex court judges issues arising out of the press conference by the four senior-most judges of the top court.
On 12 January, four senior-most judges of the Supreme court—justices J Chelameswar, Ranjan Gogoi, M B Lokur and Kurian Joseph—had mounted a virtual revolt against the CJI at a press meet in Delhi on Friday raising litany of problems including assignment of cases.
- Rs10,700 crore telecom projects in north-east to improve connectivity
- Shell companies crackdown: Govt to deregister 1.20 lakh more firms
- ASK Group firm deploys Rs150 crore in 2 real estate projects in Pune
- India earned $27 bn from foreign tourist arrivals in 2017: Minister
- Indian consumers favour biometrics over passwords: Visa