Supreme Court crisis: Bar Council of India delegation to meet judges
The Bar Council of India’s seven member delegation to meet Supreme Court judges and discuss issues raised by the four seniormost judges in a press conference
New Delhi: A Bar Council of India (BCI) delegation led by its chairman Manan Kumar Mishra is meeting Supreme Court judges Sunday to discuss the unprecedented crisis that has hit the judiciary.
According to people familiar with the development, the seven-member delegation has already met some of the judges of the top court and are scheduled to meet remaining judges including Chief Justice of India Dipak Mishra during the course of the day.
The BCI had yesterday formed a seven member delegation to meet and discuss with the apex court judges issues arising out of the press conference by the four senior-most judges of the top court.
On 12 January, four senior-most judges of the Supreme court—justices J Chelameswar, Ranjan Gogoi, M B Lokur and Kurian Joseph—had mounted a virtual revolt against the CJI at a press meet in Delhi on Friday raising litany of problems including assignment of cases.
- iPhones, Fitbits not affected by Trump’s new tariffs on Chinese imports
- Govt may raise import duty on various items, gold may be spared
- Independents play a key role in shaping election results
- The staggering costs of India’s failing health systems
- India slams Australia, others for criticizing farm support