North Korea threatens to cancel Kim-Trump summit
North Korea has put a question mark on the 12 June summit between Kim Jong Un and US president Donald Trump. The North’s official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on 16 May also said in a statement that Pyongyang had suspended high-level talks with South Korea. The reason for North’s action are the ongoing military exercises between Seoul and Washington that Pyongyang has long claimed are invasion rehearsals.
- 2nd Trump-Kim summit to take place at end of February
- To boost confidence in oil cut, OPEC issues quota list
- China said to offer path to end US trade imbalance
- BlackRock, Goldman said to move some fund managers to US if no-deal Brexit
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das sees inflation assessment as a challenge