Ola in talks to buy Freshmenu after Foodpanda acquisition
Ola is also exploring possibility of setting up an independent food-tech start-up as part of a plan to have a group company-like structure similar to that of Flipkart. Apart from its core cab hailing business and Foodpanda, Ola has a payments business called Ola Money. It also bought public transportation app Ridlr last week for an undisclosed amount. Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal is considering ways to have independent assets that can together increase Ola’s valuation. Ola’s inspiration is Flipkart, whose ownership of Myntra and Jabong as well as PhonePe has made it more attractive to investors.
- Cabinet approves disinvestment of ITDC hotels in J&K, Bihar
- PNB fraud: Mehul Choksi gets time till 30 October to reply to ED plea
- ACs, refrigerators, washing machines to get costlier, import duty hiked on over 19 items
- BJP terms shutdown over death of two students in Islampur ‘complete success’
- No excuse for missing aim now, Microsoft announces keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One