Ola in talks to buy Freshmenu after Foodpanda acquisition
Ola is also exploring possibility of setting up an independent food-tech start-up as part of a plan to have a group company-like structure similar to that of Flipkart. Apart from its core cab hailing business and Foodpanda, Ola has a payments business called Ola Money. It also bought public transportation app Ridlr last week for an undisclosed amount. Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal is considering ways to have independent assets that can together increase Ola’s valuation. Ola’s inspiration is Flipkart, whose ownership of Myntra and Jabong as well as PhonePe has made it more attractive to investors.
- Modi says govt programmes are redefining India’s future with a strong focus on youth
- India, Iran review bilateral ties, to strengthen connectivity through Chabahar port
- Jaiprakash Associates lists proposals before SC to settle disputes
- Affle files draft papers for ₹650 crore initial share sale
- Essar Steel bidding: NCLAT may give Arcelor, Numetal more time