World Environment Day: Delhi slum drowns in sea of plastic
Taimur Nagar is one of the several slum settlements struggling to cope with waste and filth in Delhi, which generates 9,600 tonnes of plastic waste per day. India is the focus of World Environment Day on Tuesday, but it is far from the minds of the long-suffering inhabitants of Taimur Nagar. India, Asia’s third-largest economy, had 14 of the world’s 15 worst cities for dirty air in a recent World Health Organization survey. Delhi improved its ranking to sixth from the most polluted city in 2014.
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Railways on the right track in states with JV projects
- Zika virus may be present in other parts of India too: study
- Amazon disputes data showing Flipkart ahead in festive sales
- India seeks middle ground with US and Iran as sanctions near