Two deadly road accidents in a week
Truck crash kills 18 labourers on a highway outside of Khandala, a popular tourist destination 80 kilometres from Mumbai. The truck overturned on a winding highway. Another 15 people were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The deadly crash comes just a day after 30 people, including 27 children, were killed when a school bus plunged into a ravine in Himachal Pradesh. India has some of the world’s deadliest roads, claiming the lives of more than 150,000 people each year.
- Modi says govt programmes are redefining India’s future with a strong focus on youth
- India, Iran review bilateral ties, to strengthen connectivity through Chabahar port
- Jaiprakash Associates lists proposals before SC to settle disputes
- Affle files draft papers for ₹650 crore initial share sale
- Essar Steel bidding: NCLAT may give Arcelor, Numetal more time