Two deadly road accidents in a week
Truck crash kills 18 labourers on a highway outside of Khandala, a popular tourist destination 80 kilometres from Mumbai. The truck overturned on a winding highway. Another 15 people were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The deadly crash comes just a day after 30 people, including 27 children, were killed when a school bus plunged into a ravine in Himachal Pradesh. India has some of the world’s deadliest roads, claiming the lives of more than 150,000 people each year.
- Cabinet approves disinvestment of ITDC hotels in J&K, Bihar
- PNB fraud: Mehul Choksi gets time till 30 October to reply to ED plea
- ACs, refrigerators, washing machines to get costlier, import duty hiked on over 19 items
- BJP terms shutdown over death of two students in Islampur ‘complete success’
- No excuse for missing aim now, Microsoft announces keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One