Karnataka: BJP’s Yeddyurappa stakes claim to form govt as Congress-JD(S) allege horsetrading
Following the Karnataka election results throwing up a fractured mandate, 16 May has proved to be a day of fast-moving political developments. Both the BJP and the Congress held meetings in the morning. BS Yeddyurappa met the state governor to stake claim after being elected leader of BJP legislature party. The Congress-JD (S) combine, which has also staked claim to form government, accused the saffron party of indulging in horsetrading. All eyes are now on governor Vajubhai Vala to see what happens next.
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June