Karnataka: BJP’s Yeddyurappa stakes claim to form govt as Congress-JD(S) allege horsetrading
Following the Karnataka election results throwing up a fractured mandate, 16 May has proved to be a day of fast-moving political developments. Both the BJP and the Congress held meetings in the morning. BS Yeddyurappa met the state governor to stake claim after being elected leader of BJP legislature party. The Congress-JD (S) combine, which has also staked claim to form government, accused the saffron party of indulging in horsetrading. All eyes are now on governor Vajubhai Vala to see what happens next.
- To boost confidence in oil cut, OPEC issues quota list
- China said to offer path to end US trade imbalance
- BlackRock, Goldman said to move some fund managers to US if no-deal Brexit
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das sees inflation assessment as a challenge
- Delhi HC sets aside arbitral award in favour of Reliance subsidiary over Airport Express metro line