Indra Nooyi is proud of the work Pepsi has done in India
Indra Nooyi is stepping down as chief executive officer of food and beverage giant PepsiCo Inc., handing the reins to a top lieutenant in a transition that will draw attention to the dearth of prominent female CEOs in corporate America. Nooyi, 62, will leave the role in October and remain chairman until early 2019. Ramon Laguarta, 54, who has been a candidate to take over since a promotion last year to president, will be just the sixth CEO in the 53-year history of the company.
- Ultratech gets CCI nod to acquire Century cement business
- S&P hits record high, equals longest-ever bull run
- Opinion | Disruption and innovation in the legal industry
- Lesson from devastation in Kerala: Investing in new knowledge for the future
- Nokia maker HMD aims to double India revenues in four-six months