India becomes world’s sixth biggest economy, edging out France: World Bank
India has become the world’s sixth-biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place, according to updated World Bank figures for 2017. India’s gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to $2.597 trillion at the end of last year, against $2.582 trillion for France. The economy rebounded strongly from July 2017, after several quarters of slowdown blamed on economic policies pursued by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government.
- Infosys shares soar to all-time intraday high on June quarter earnings report
- CBIC launches third drive to clear delayed GST refund claims
- Alia Bhatt is new brand ambassador of ITC’s Sunfeast Dark Fantasy
- Overall rainfall deficit narrows to 4%, but UP, Bihar, Jharkhand still face dry conditions
- Adoption of e-medical records facing infra hurdles: Report