India becomes world’s sixth biggest economy, edging out France: World Bank
India has become the world’s sixth-biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place, according to updated World Bank figures for 2017. India’s gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to $2.597 trillion at the end of last year, against $2.582 trillion for France. The economy rebounded strongly from July 2017, after several quarters of slowdown blamed on economic policies pursued by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government.
- Nominations over, but Congress-TJS still undecided about seat share
- Leaders opposing BJP must work together: N. Chandrababu Naidu
- Opinion | Tackling India’s inflation and policy puzzles
- CBI official moves Supreme Court against transfer, says it’s arbitrary
- Another top exit at Yes Bank as R. Chandrashekhar resigns