Mint 50 mutual fund schemes to invest in
There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. Here’s a Mint Money curated list of mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters
Picking the right mutual fund is tough. There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. Mint makes it easy for you. We curate mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters.
Past returns are a good starting point, though they are not the only thing investors should look at. We focus on long-term returns and performance consistency, in rising as well as falling markets. We speak to fund managers to understanding their strategies, consistency in following the investment mandate and how ‘true to label’ schemes really are.
Schemes that chase momentum or herd mentality are avoided. It is our endeavour to ensure that the Mint50 basket doesn’t churn frequently. But some of our recommendations are bound to go wrong. If the underperformance of the funds are temporary and because of market conditions, but the fund is consistent with its strategy, the fund stays on.
But if the fund manager makes a series of wrong calls, then we take a re-look at the fund. Just because a fund is not there in Mint50, doesn’t mean it is a bad fund. For a new fund to come in Mint50, either one of our existing funds would need be consistently underperforming, or a new fund has to exceedingly good.
You don’t need to buy all 50 funds. We give you set of limited options for you to choose from, depending on your financial goals and risk profile. A basket of 7-10 funds is good enough to make a winning portfolio. Happy investing!
- Mindtree shares slump over 16%, m-cap falls by ₹2,593 crore
- India’s festival demand for gold dims as price rally bites
- Government gold bond scheme closes today. 10 things to know
- Asia markets mixed, Chinese stocks rally on intervention
- RIL shares fall 6% on muted Q2 results, delays in petcoke gasification
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed