Top mutual fund schemes to invest in
There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. We curate mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters
Picking the right mutual fund is tough. There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. Mint makes it easy for you. We curate mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters.
Past returns are a good starting point, though they are not the only thing investors should look at. We focus on long-term returns and performance consistency, in rising as well as falling markets. We speak to fund managers to understanding their strategies, consistency in following the investment mandate and how ‘true to label’ schemes really are.
Schemes that chase momentum or herd mentality are avoided. It is our endeavour to ensure that the Mint50 basket doesn’t churn frequently. But some of our recommendations are bound to go wrong. If the underperformance of the funds are temporary and because of market conditions, but the fund is consistent with its strategy, the fund stays on. But if the fund manager makes a series of wrong calls, then we take a re-look at the mutual fund.
Just because a fund is not there in Mint50, doesn’t mean it is a bad fund. For a new fund to come in Mint50, either one of our existing funds would need be consistently underperforming, or a new fund has to exceedingly good.
You don’t need to buy all 50 mutual funds. We give you set of limited options for you to choose from, depending on your financial goals and risk profile. A basket of 7-10 funds is good enough to make a winning portfolio. Happy investing!
- Sensex falls 217 points, Nifty below 10,950 dragged by banking, pharma stocks
- Oil prices fall as Saudis offer more supply, US weighs SPR release
- Selloff in India bond market nearing end, predicts market veteran
- Few stocks rising from India selloff even as market hits record
- Dr Reddy’s shares tank 11% after US court decision on sale of product
Editor's Picks »
- India, Iran review bilateral ties, to strengthen connectivity through Chabahar port
- Jaiprakash Associates lists proposals before SC to settle disputes
- Affle files draft papers for ₹650 crore initial share sale
- Essar Steel bidding: NCLAT may give Arcelor, Numetal more time
- Environment ministry undertaking a study on petcoke ban before banning its import, SC told