Top mutual fund schemes to invest in
There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. We curate mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters
Picking the right mutual fund is tough. There are close to 2,000 mutual fund schemes in the market, and growing. Mint makes it easy for you. We curate mutual fund schemes based on qualitative and quantitative parameters.
Past returns are a good starting point, though they are not the only thing investors should look at. We focus on long-term returns and performance consistency, in rising as well as falling markets. We speak to fund managers to understanding their strategies, consistency in following the investment mandate and how ‘true to label’ schemes really are.
Schemes that chase momentum or herd mentality are avoided. It is our endeavour to ensure that the Mint50 basket doesn’t churn frequently. But some of our recommendations are bound to go wrong. If the underperformance of the funds are temporary and because of market conditions, but the fund is consistent with its strategy, the fund stays on. But if the fund manager makes a series of wrong calls, then we take a re-look at the mutual fund.
Just because a fund is not there in Mint50, doesn’t mean it is a bad fund. For a new fund to come in Mint50, either one of our existing funds would need be consistently underperforming, or a new fund has to exceedingly good.
You don’t need to buy all 50 mutual funds. We give you set of limited options for you to choose from, depending on your financial goals and risk profile. A basket of 7-10 funds is good enough to make a winning portfolio. Happy investing!
Editor's Picks »
- China’s Vivo buys 169 acres land, to invest $559 million in India
- Yes Bank says on track to find CEO Rana Kapoor’s successor within RBI deadline
- IOC to buy back 3% equity shares for Rs 4,435 crore
- Tata Trusts appoints Vijay Singh, Venu Srinivasan as vice chairmen
- MobiKwik appoints new business head for payment gateway
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers
- Rural focus drives Hero MotoCorp, but inherent risks linger
- ‘Talk to me’, says RBI governor Shaktikanta Das in relief to markets
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors