Markets closed today for Mahashivratri
India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed today for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri
Mumbai: India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The broader NSE index rose 0.81% to 10,539.75 on Monday, while the benchmark BSE index gained 0.87% to 34,300.47.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 1 basis point to 7.50%, while the rupee strengthened to 64.30 from its 64.39 close.
- Gold prices fall Rs105 on global cues, weak demand
- Tata Communications, Arvind to move out from NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index
- EPFO notifies 8.55% interest rate on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- Gold prices surge Rs350 on global cues, high demand
- As Singapore and India fight over futures, investor worries grow
Editor's Picks »
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Moon, Kim discuss scrapped US summit as Donald Trump signals optimism
- Taking stock of Narendra Modi government after four years
- All 7 ITR forms for assessment year 2018-19 activated for e-filing: Income Tax Department
- Bats not primary source of Nipah virus outbreak in Kerala: report
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars