Markets closed today for Mahashivratri
India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed today for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri
Mumbai: India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The broader NSE index rose 0.81% to 10,539.75 on Monday, while the benchmark BSE index gained 0.87% to 34,300.47.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 1 basis point to 7.50%, while the rupee strengthened to 64.30 from its 64.39 close.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies