Markets closed today for Mahashivratri
India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed today for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri
Mumbai: India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The broader NSE index rose 0.81% to 10,539.75 on Monday, while the benchmark BSE index gained 0.87% to 34,300.47.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 1 basis point to 7.50%, while the rupee strengthened to 64.30 from its 64.39 close.
Editor's Picks »
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end
- ArcelorMittal’s Essar Steel acquisition: Who wins, who loses
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December