Latest bank FD rates: What ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank and Axis Bank offer
Here is a list of the current FD rates from some popular banks for deposits up to Rs 1 crore over various tenures
Bank fixed deposits (FDs) continue to be popular investment products not just among senior citizens, who are looking for guaranteed income, but also among investors who can’t stomach risk.
But over-exposure to FDs is not good, and you need to assess your asset allocation and goals to decide how much money you should park in them.
For instance, saving for your child’s higher education that’s 15 years away through FDs may not be a great idea as the post-tax interest rate of an FD may not give you a real return (return that’s above the rate of inflation), but if you plan to take a holiday in two years, an FD can help.
Before choosing an FD, you should compare the interest rates on offer. Here is a list of the current FD rates from some popular banks for deposits up to Rs1 crore over various tenures.
- India oil demand to rise 5.8 million barrels per day by 2040: OPEC
- Gold prices near 2-1/2-month high as risk aversion lends support
- Mumbai home sales jump, boosted by affordable low-budget units
- Bank FD vs Sensex vs gold vs money market MF: How much you would have earned
- Emami Cement files Rs 1,000-cr IPO papers with Sebi
- Infosys built its global machine with Indian workers. But what about ‘Hire Americans’?
- Federal Bank posts marginal growth in quarterly profit
- Diesel price in Delhi touch new record high, reverses fuel price reduction by Centre
- Railways may remove curtains from AC train coaches
- Honor 8X launched at Rs 14,999 with Kirin 710 SoC, AI enabled dual cameras: Price, specifications, offers
- IndusInd Bank’s Q2 results show a peek into the IL&FS booby trap
- So which liquid, money market funds did investors flee from in September?
- Dr Reddy’s: API unit sale should lower costs, may not be a windfall
- Demerger in final leg, CESC stock yet to reflect value unlocking benefits
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults