ICICI Bank launches service to open PPF account online
ICICI Bank launches a digital service to allow customers to open a PPF account via internet banking or mobile banking
New Delhi: Private lender ICICI Bank on Thursday said it has launched a digital service to allow customers to open a public provident fund (PPF) account online, eliminating the need for furnishing paper documents.
“With this new facility, customers of the bank are no longer required to visit a branch and submit physical documents to open a PPF account. They can now conveniently open a PPF account anytime, anywhere using the bank’s digital channels of Internet and mobile banking,” it said in a statement.
The bank said it is the first lender in the country to introduce a fully digital and paperless procedure for opening a PPF account. The facility, available 24x7 and on all days, will require customers to login to their internet banking or mobile banking and apply for a PPF account.
- Petrol pumps shut in Delhi today; Arvind Kejriwal blames BJP
- The big challenge of shadow banking in India
- All petrol pumps in Delhi to remain shut today
- RBI against independent regulator for payment systems outside central bank
- Germany’s transport authority orders Opel to recall 73,000 diesel vehicles worldwide
Editor's Picks »
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end
- ArcelorMittal’s Essar Steel acquisition: Who wins, who loses
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December