ICICI Bank launches service to open PPF account online
ICICI Bank launches a digital service to allow customers to open a PPF account via internet banking or mobile banking
New Delhi: Private lender ICICI Bank on Thursday said it has launched a digital service to allow customers to open a public provident fund (PPF) account online, eliminating the need for furnishing paper documents.
“With this new facility, customers of the bank are no longer required to visit a branch and submit physical documents to open a PPF account. They can now conveniently open a PPF account anytime, anywhere using the bank’s digital channels of Internet and mobile banking,” it said in a statement.
The bank said it is the first lender in the country to introduce a fully digital and paperless procedure for opening a PPF account. The facility, available 24x7 and on all days, will require customers to login to their internet banking or mobile banking and apply for a PPF account.
- Solar tariffs touch Rs 2.59 per unit in NTPC’s tender
- RIL, BP spend over ₹7,000 crore to prolong output from gas fields in KG basin
- India reviews draft e-commerce policy after criticism
- Cosmos Bank’s server hacked, ₹ 94 crore siphoned off in 2 days
- NIO seeks to raise $1.8 billion in biggest US listing by China automaker