IDFC Bank re-named IDFC First Bank
IDFC Bank and non-banking financial company Capital First had announced completion of their merger on December 18
New Delhi: Private sector lender IDFC Bank said its name has been changed to IDFC First Bank Ltd with effect from Saturday. “...the name of the Bank has been changed from IDFC Bank Ltd to ‘IDFC First Bank Limited’ with effect from January 12, 2019 by virtue of ‘Certificate of Incorporation pursuant to change of name’ issued by the Registrar of Companies, Chennai,” it said in a BSE filing.
IDFC Bank and non-banking financial company Capital First had announced completion of their merger on December 18, creating a combined loan asset book of Rs 1.03 lakh crore for the merged entity.
Following the merger, the board of IDFC Bank had approved the appointment of V Vaidyanathan, founder and chairman of Capital First Ltd, as managing director and chief executive officer of the merged entity. The combined entity will serve 7.2 million customers through 203 bank branches, 129 ATMs and 454 rural business correspondent centres.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed
Editor's Picks »
- Etihad will invest in debt-laden Jet Airways, but conditions apply: Reports
- Redmi Note 7’s flash sale will give us an idea of smartphone sales this year
- Indra Nooyi being considered to head World Bank
- SC agrees to hear challenge to Nageswara Rao’s appointment as interim CBI director
- Facebook advertising rules to become stricter for Lok Sabha election
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers