Jio launches app featuring family locator, lost-and-found services for Kumbh
The app Kumbh JioPhone can be accessed from Jio store which will have ‘Family Locator’ feature to help attendees stay close to their family
New Delhi: Reliance Jio Monday launched an app with family locator, lost and found features and other customised services for the world’s largest congregation Kumbh Mela to be held between January 15 and March 4 in Allahabad.
The app Kumbh JioPhone can be accessed from Jio store which will have ‘Family Locator’ feature to help attendees stay close to their family and friends by getting their exact location and ‘Khoya Paya’ (Lost and Found) feature to help them reunite.
“Jio is working closely with the UP Police and KASH IT to ensure experience is delivered,” Jio said in a statement.
It said the Kumbh is the largest human congregation in the world, with over 130 million pilgrims taking a holy dip over 55 days.
Besides these safety features, the app will provide information on Kumbh, real-time travel information including special trains and buses, passengers shelters at stations, emergency helpline numbers, area routes and maps.
Editor's Picks »
- Govt sanctions new squadrons of Dornier aircraft to boost coastal surveillance
- DP, Maersk units ordered to withdraw notices to clients at Mumbai port by CCI
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- China finance ministry announces more tax cuts for small companies
- OnePlus 6T: Republic Day offers
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies