DU admission: Over 43,000 applications within 24 hours
Registration for Ph.D and M.Phil programmes will begin on 20 May
New Delhi: Within 24 hours after Delhi University threw open its admission portal to aspirants, over 43,000 applicants submitted their forms for various undergraduate courses.
“Since 6pm yesterday, we have received 43,000 applications and there has been no technical glitches reported from our side,” said an official associated with admissions.
While the registration for undergraduate programmes commenced yesterday at 6pm, registrations to postgraduate programmes and postgraduate diploma in cyber security and law registrations will begin on 18 May.
Registration for Ph.D and M.Phil programmes will begin on 20 May. The university will hold ‘Open Day’ sessions between 21 May and 29 May (except Sunday) at Conference Centre near Gate number 4 on North Campus.
“Open Days will have two sessions — 10am to 11.30am and 12pm to 1.30pm. On these days, information about registration, admission process, schedule and other related information would be provided,” a DU statement said.
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- Panel recommends special grants, autonomy for top stand-alone institutes
- More Indians going abroad for studies, but foreign students aren’t coming in
- Govt may increase retirement age of IIM directors, impose cap on age of chairmen
- Government may set up a regulator to oversee skill education
Editor's Picks »
- Ultratech gets CCI nod to acquire Century cement business
- S&P hits record high, equals longest-ever bull run
- Opinion | Disruption and innovation in the legal industry
- Lesson from devastation in Kerala: Investing in new knowledge for the future
- Nokia maker HMD aims to double India revenues in four-six months
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability
- Kerala’s SoS may not have major impact on asset quality of banks
- Subsidy sharing concerns loom for state-run upstream oil firms
- L&T is better off rewarding investors given the poor investment avenues
- Coal India’s share sale plans eclipse bright outlook for FY19