CBSE withdraws uniform evaluation policy for classes 6 to 8
The CBSE withdraws its uniform assessment policy for classes 6 to 8 after the child rights body NCPCR objected that the policy violated of the Right to Education Act
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has withdrawn its policy of uniform assessment for classes 6 to 8, following objection from the country’s top child rights body NCPCR.
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) argued that the evaluation policy was in violation of the Right to Education Act (RTE).
“As per decision of the Governing Body of the board, the earlier circular regarding uniform system of assessment, examination and report card for classes 6 to 8 stands repealed,” according to an official notification by the CBSE.
The earlier circular had stated that “to increase the confidence in the students to start preparing for Class 10 Board examination when they join the upper primary stage in Class 6, the CBSE has decided to implement the uniform system of assessment, examination pattern and issue of report cards for classes 6 to 8 also on the similar pattern”.
The system of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation for Class X has also been done away with after the central government decided to reintroduce board examination for the class from this year.
- Top B-schools see up to 15% rise in salaries from last year
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Going to study in the UK? Pay more for visa from December
- Peerless Skill Academy Kolkata to offer healthcare and hospitality courses
Editor's Picks »
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end
- ArcelorMittal’s Essar Steel acquisition: Who wins, who loses
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December