No plans to open satellite campus of JNU, IIT or IIMs: HRD ministry
Union minister of state for HRD Satyapal Singh informed the Lok Sabha that as a policy, the government does not encourage establishment of satellite campuses of such educational institutions
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry on Monday said it had no plan to open a satellite campus of the JNU, IIT or IIMs.
Union Minister of State for HRD Satyapal Singh informed this to the Lok Sabha in response to a written question.
“There is no plan for opening of a satellite campus or branches by JNU, IITs or IIMs. As a policy, the government does not encourage establishment of satellite campuses of such educational institutions,” Singh said.
JNU Vice Chancellor Jagadesh Kumar had in October announced that the university was planning to set up a satellite campus outside the national capital region (NCR) with an aim to make the university accessible to more students.
The university had also set up an expert committee to conduct a feasibility study.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies