CBSE UGC NET November 2017 application process begins today
CBSE’s online application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) which is scheduled for 5 November begins today at cbsenet.nic.in.
New Delhi: Application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) starts today.
Candidates can fill the online application form till 11 September though payment through an online challan can be made till 12 September.
The NET is conducted for determining eligibility for junior research fellowship and assistant professorship.
Those who have secured at least 55% marks in a Master’s programme or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by University Grants Commission are eligible to take the test.
This year CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar as a means of authentication for applicants at the time of application submission except for those appearing in test centres located in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
Candidates in these states must provide details of any other valid government identity document only if they choose a centre in these states.
Here is a step-by-step guide to apply for the CBSE NET 2017 at cbsenet.nic.in:
■ Visit cbsenet.nic.in and click on ‘Fill application form- NET November 2017’.
■ Enter authentication details using Aadhaar number.
■ Generate a password as well as a security question and make a note of the application number for future login/reference.
■ Upload scanned photo & signature.
■ Make the fee payment.
■ Download or print the confirmation page.
Corrections in the form particulars can be made from 19 to 25 September.
The admit card will be uploaded in the third week of October while the test is scheduled for 5 November. This is the second time NET will be conducted this year after January.
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
Editor's Picks »
- IndiGo remains top airline in India with 41% market share in May
- Will new Brylcreem ads from HUL change male grooming advertising?
- Minority investors divided over changes at ICICI Bank
- How PNB fraud happened? A 162-page report lays bare the lapses
- Bitcoin, ripple prices fall after $32 million stolen from Korean exchange