Top B-schools in India 2017-18
IIM Ahmedabad with an overall score of 931 out of 1000 tops the table in the Mint-MBA Universe B-school rankings 2017-18, followed by IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
There is growing competition between top government-run B-schools and their private peers. While Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) with an overall score of 931 out of 1000 tops the table in the Mint-MBA Universe B-school rankings 2017, there are some nine private schools among the top 20 management schools in the country. IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur, with 856 and 779 points, respectively, were ranked second and third among top B-schools in India.
The survey, which does not give any weight to perception while ranking schools, finds that top schools in India are flocking for global accreditation to better their brand image. It also finds top B-schools unlike leading engineering schools are admitting more women of late. But the desire to admit more non-engineers to management courses is not yet a reality.
The survey also shows how a subdued economy over the past few years is impacting salary growth of management graduates.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one