UPSC Civil Services mains 2017 schedule released. Check at upsc.gov.in
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has released the schedule for the Civil Services Mains Examination 2017. Check the schedule at upsc.gov.in
New Delhi: The Union Public Services commission has released the time table for the 2017 Civil Services mains Examination . The papers will be conducted over a week’s time starting from 28 October to 3 November.
According to the schedule released on upsc.gov.in, the first to be conduced is the essay paper scheduled in the first half of Saturday, 28 October from 9am to noon. No paper is scheduled for 29 October as it is a Sunday.
The four general studies papers will be conducted on 30 and 31 October in four shifts—the morning session will be from 9am to noon, while the afternoon session will last 2 to 5pm.
The language papers will be conducted on 1 November with the Indian languages paper scheduled for the morning session while the English paper is scheduled for the afternoon session.
Candidates can opt for any language option from the 22 languages listed in the eighth schedule of the Constitution.
No paper is scheduled for 2 November.
The two optional papers are scheduled to be held on 3 November.
The preliminary examination was conducted in June and the results were published in July. Those who qualified the prelimiary exam are now eligible to appear for the main examination.
Candidates must fill the detailed application form (DAF) for the main examination which is likely to appear on the UPSC website on 17 August.
Meanwhile, candidates are advised to read the guidelines for filling DAF available on the UPSC website as no changes can be made after the final submission.
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
Editor's Picks »
- IndiGo remains top airline in India with 41% market share in May
- Will new Brylcreem ads from HUL change male grooming advertising?
- Minority investors divided over changes at ICICI Bank
- How PNB fraud happened? A 162-page report lays bare the lapses
- Bitcoin, ripple prices fall after $32 million stolen from Korean exchange