Havas Group appoints Rana Barua as CEO for India operations
New Delhi: Havas Group India on Wednesday announced the appointment of Rana Barua as chief executive effective immediately. In his new role, Barua’s mandate will be to chart Havas India’s journey of transformation with a focus on collaboration and partnerships, new business momentum, and building future-ready teams.
He will report to Vishnu Mohan, chairman and chief executive of Havas Group, India and Southeast Asia, and work closely with the existing leadership teams.
Commenting on the appointment, Mohan said, “Rana’s appointment is a key milestone in the group’s ongoing efforts to build agile teams and integrated structures to deliver the most impact for clients. Rana is an ideal candidate as his expertise will build on what we have already achieved in India and take Havas Group India forward in its next phase of growth and expansion. Not only will his leadership strengthen our integrated product but also facilitate the collaboration between Havas Group and other Vivendi companies – Universal Music, GameLoft, Dailymotion -- to create a powerful marketing force, unique only to Havas Group in the market.”
A marketing communications leader with over 22 years of experience, Barua has held CEO roles with advertising agencies such as Contract India and more recently Creativeland Asia.
He has also worked across agencies, including Ogilvy, RediffusionY&R, McCann, JWT and held leadership profiles in radio stations such as Red FM and Radio City.
“The growing complexity of platforms and channels calls for a multi-dimensional approach to marketing and advertising and the Havas Village model of collaboration and integration is exactly what clients are looking for. I am extremely excited to be a part of Havas Group’s futuristic agency model and looking forward to working with the team to start a new chapter for Havas Group in India,” said Barua.
Founded in 1835 in Paris, the Havas Group employs 20,000 people in over 100 countries. In India, the company has been operating for over 10 years, handling clients such as HDFC Bank, RB India, Max Life Insurance and IBM among others.
- Google+ shutdown speeds up, new privacy bug affected 52.5 million users
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal wedding to cost $100 million
- ‘102 Not Out’ disappoints at China box office but Bollywood has more to offer
- ‘2.0’ crosses the Rs 300 crore mark, Hindi version leads
- Decoding Zee’s plan to play the global stage
Editor's Picks »
- iPhone ban in China may push Apple, Qualcomm toward settlement
- Assembly Election Results: All you need to know before counting begins
- Madhya Pradesh election results updates: Congress looks to end BJP’s 15-year run
- Telangana Election Results 2018: Will K Chandrasekhar Rao’s TRS retain power? Counting begins at 8am
- Chhattisgarh election results updates: Congress, BJP in close contest