Reliance Jio bags digital rights to broadcast Winter Olympics in India
Reliance Jio says it work with IOC to provide comprehensive coverage of the Winter Olympics in India, thus enabling millions to access live and catch-up content on their mobile devices
New Delhi: Reliance Jio’s live television app Jio TV on Thursday said it has bagged digital rights to broadcast the Winter Olympic Games PyeongChang 2018 across India.
“JioTV will work with IOC (International Olympic Committee) to provide comprehensive coverage of the Games in India, thus enabling millions to access live and catch-up content on their mobile devices, on the move,” a Jio statement said.
The Olympic Winter Games — scheduled to be held from 9 to 25 February in PyeongChang County, South Korea — will feature 102 events across 15 sports, including Skiing, Skating, Luge, Ski Jumping, Ice Hockey, Snow Boarding, among others.
The event is expected to witness participation from over 90 countries, including India.
JioTV will create multiple exclusive channels on its platform to stream 24x7 live action and content of the games. It will also offer a seven-day catch up feature for consumers to watch repeat action at their convenience, the statement said.
The events coverage will include live broadcast, highlight packages and repeat programming. In addition to working with JioTV, the IOC’s multi- platform media destination, the Olympic Channel, will also stream live coverage of the games in India.
- States, PSUs invited to bid for Air India building at Nariman Point
- HDFC Bank Q3 net profit rises 20% to Rs 5,586 crore
- FedEx starts $575 million worker buyout as overseas demand cools
- Facebook faces potential record US fine on privacy violations: Report
- India’s data must be controlled by Indians, not by global corporates: Mukesh Ambani on data colonisation
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies