Tata Power Q3 profit declines at Rs612 crore, beats estimate
Tata Power reports a profit of Rs612 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December 2017, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago
Bengaluru: Tata Power Co. Ltd reported a marginal drop in quarterly profit, but beats analysts’ forecasts.
Profit attributable to owners came in at Rs612 crore in the quarter ended 31 December, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago, the company said on Wednesday.
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of Rs426 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Revenue from its power business was up 7% to Rs6,685 crore for the quarter.
At 3pm, Tata Power shares traded 0.52% up at Rs87.25 on BSE, while the Sensex was down 0.05% at 34,281.62 points. Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end