Tata Power Q3 profit declines at Rs612 crore, beats estimate
Tata Power reports a profit of Rs612 crore in the third quarter ended 31 December 2017, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago
Bengaluru: Tata Power Co. Ltd reported a marginal drop in quarterly profit, but beats analysts’ forecasts.
Profit attributable to owners came in at Rs612 crore in the quarter ended 31 December, compared with a profit of Rs619 crore a year ago, the company said on Wednesday.
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of Rs426 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Revenue from its power business was up 7% to Rs6,685 crore for the quarter.
At 3pm, Tata Power shares traded 0.52% up at Rs87.25 on BSE, while the Sensex was down 0.05% at 34,281.62 points. Reuters
- States, PSUs invited to bid for Air India building at Nariman Point
- HDFC Bank Q3 net profit rises 20% to Rs 5,586 crore
- FedEx starts $575 million worker buyout as overseas demand cools
- Facebook faces potential record US fine on privacy violations: Report
- India’s data must be controlled by Indians, not by global corporates: Mukesh Ambani on data colonisation
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies