Tata Sons appoints Nupur Mallick as new group chief HR officer
Nupur Mallick, at present director-HR for TCS in the UK and Ireland, will report to Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran in her new role
Mumbai: Salt to software conglomerate Tata Sons on Thursday said it appointed Nupur Mallick as the group’s chief human resource officer.
Mallick is at present director, human resources, for Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in the UK and Ireland. She will report to Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran in her new role, Tata Sons said in a statement.
Mallick is expected to join Tata Sons by May, said a person with knowledge of the matter who did not want to be named.
She will take over from S. Padmanabhan who will continue to be executive chairman of Tata Business Excellence Group and head, Sustainability Group, reporting to Chandrasekaran.
Mallick started her career with TCS in 1997 and has worked across various HR functions such as talent acquisition, organisational change management, compensation and benefits as well as employee engagement, policy and process development in multiple geographies, the statement added.
- NIIF invests ₹660 crore in HDFC Capital’s affordable housing projects fund
- Vehicular emissions in NCR rose 40% in 8 years
- Telangana Congress may release first list of candidates in early November
- Protesters vow to stop women from entering Sabarimala temple
- Overseas medical tourists look elsewhere on higher costs
- IndusInd Bank’s Q2 results show a peek into the IL&FS booby trap
- So which liquid, money market funds did investors flee from in September?
- Dr Reddy’s: API unit sale should lower costs, may not be a windfall
- Demerger in final leg, CESC stock yet to reflect value unlocking benefits
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults