Mallikarjun Das, Starcom India’s group CEO, resigns
Mallikarjun Das, group CEO at Publicis Groupe-owned media agency Starcom India, steps down from his position; new leadership to be announced shortly
New Delhi: Mallikarjun Das, group chief executive (CEO) at Publicis Groupe-owned media agency Starcom India, on Wednesday stepped down from his position, the agency said in a statement. Das, popularly known as Malli in the advertising circle, has been serving the agency since 2011.
In a statement issued on Wednesday morning, Anupriya Acharya, group chief executive, Publicis Media India, said, “We are going to miss Malli. His tenure at Starcom has been exemplary and working with him has been a wonderful experience. Starcom has had a phenomenal journey under his leadership and he has made a tremendous contribution to giving a strong foundation to Publicis Media too. Our best wishes are with him for his next assignment.”
The agency said it will make an announcement shortly on new leadership for Starcom India.
In a career spanning 20 years, Das has worked across different profiles. Prior to Starcom India, he was chief operating officer at media agency Madison Media Infinity. He has also worked with Tata Interactive Systems where he headed the modelling practice in building simulations and games. He has led the planning account of consumer goods firm Procter & Gamble at Starcom, apart from spending three years at Asian Paints as head of media, market research, activation and PR.
A statistics graduate, Das is also an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bengaluru.
“Working at Starcom over the last seven years has been a peak experience. It has left an indelible impression on me and shaped me as a professional and individual. I count myself lucky to have had large, complex business challenges come my way in this stint. I have had the full support of my team, Anupriya and my previous bosses in facing up to these challenges. Our results speak for themselves—Starcom India has grown four times in the last four years; our India operations ended 2017 as Starcom’s Global Office of the year. I wish everyone at Starcom and Publicis Media all the best for the future,” said Das.
Starcom India is a part of Publicis Media which is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe. It employs more than 5,000 employees worldwide. In India, it handles clients such as consumer goods firm Dabur India Ltd, Jet Etihad, automobile company Fiat Chrysler, chocolate maker Mars Inc. India, home rental firm AirBnb, Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo and the entire regional mandate of AirAsia ‘s performance marketing.
- States, PSUs invited to bid for Air India building at Nariman Point
- HDFC Bank Q3 net profit rises 20% to Rs 5,586 crore
- FedEx starts $575 million worker buyout as overseas demand cools
- Facebook faces potential record US fine on privacy violations: Report
- India’s data must be controlled by Indians, not by global corporates: Mukesh Ambani on data colonisation
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies