Bargain during Flipkart’s Big Billion Days sale using Google Assistant bot
Google Zoo has worked closely with Flipkart to develop the immersive voice-based bot that dives people into a haggling scenario as if they were at their local market. The bot is being made available during the Big Billion Days sale
Flipkart’s five-day flagship Big Billion Days sale, which begins from October 10, is promising you not just good deals but also a bargaining experience using a bot from Google Assistant. Flipkart today announced that it had partnered Google Zoo, the creative think tank for brands and agencies, to launch “The Big Billion Days ka Boss”.
Every day, Flipkart will release two new products for customers to haggle over. Customers looking for the latest products at the best price will be able to do so through voice-based conversations with the Flipkart Hagglebot on Google Assistant, available on Android and iOS devices.
At the end of the day, a ‘Boss’ will be crowned, based on her negotiation skills and how good a bargain she drives. The deal secured on each item will then become the price of that product for everyone else. The winner will walk away with a free product.
In addition, limited-edition deals will be available exclusively through Hagglebot’s AI-based platform in a a pioneering initiative.
Google Zoo worked very closely with Flipkart to develop the voice-based bot that provides buyers a haggling experience they are accustomed to in their local market.
“Bargaining is rooted in our culture and we have now integrated that with the convenience of online shopping. We hope our customers have a great time with this unique, rich and immersive experience,” said Kartikeya Bhandari, head of brand marketing at Flipkart.
Built with DialogFlow on Google Assistant and powered by Google Cloud Platform, the bot uses Google’s natural language processing and machine learning expertise. “The Flipkart Hagglebot experience should feel very natural and respond quickly across a large range of devices. We hope Flipkart customers love this next-generation voice experience,” said Gene Brutty, creative director, ZOO, Google APAC.
- Prime Venture leads ₹65 crore funding round in myGate
- Private equity funds raised $121 billion globally in Q3 2018
- Motilal Oswal PE to invest ₹200 crore in Happy Forgings
- Patients of J&J faulty hip implants question credibility of govt panel
- Porsche IPO could value carmaker as high as $81 billion, CFO says
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults
- HUL Q2: Rising input costs face off against healthy demand growth
- Q2 results: DMart finally set to face a reality check
- Temporary staffing: Decent employee additions, margin pressures may sustain
- Gujarat relief for Tata Power, Adani Power underlines sector’s harsh reality