Sun Pharma unit files patent case against German firm
DUSA has also alleged that the Germany-based Biofrontera improperly obtained confidential information from former employees
New Delhi: DUSA Pharmaceuticals, a unit of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, has filed a trade secret misappropriation and tortious interference claim against Biofrontera Inc. in the district court of Massachusetts, the company said in a statement.
The lawsuit alleges patent violation of topical solution Levulan, and Kerastick. DUSA has also alleged that the Germany-based Biofrontera improperly obtained confidential information from former employees.
The lawsuit seeks an assessment of both damages and injunctive relief against the Biofrontera defendants. The patents-in-suit concern an apparatus and method for “photodynamic therapy” (or “PDT”) and equipment for PDT. The photodynamic therapy, pioneered by DUSA, combines a drug with a light source to treat disease conditions.
The product was launched by DUSA, in September 2000 in the US. DUSA’s Levulan combination therapy is approved by FDA for treatment of non-hyperkeratotic actinic keratoses or AKs of the face or scalp.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is richest man in modern history
- News In Numbers: LIC holds more than 10% stake in 6 public sector banks
- Byju’s in talks to raise over $150 million in deal that values start-up at up to $2 billion
- LinkedIn crosses 50 million user base in India, launches new products
- Wary of high gas prices, Essar to go slow on plan to build LNG terminals