Rajinikanth’s 2.0 to release in 10,000 Chinese theatres
Dubbed and subtitled versions of movie 2.0 are slated to be released in China in 10,000 theatres with 56,000 screens (including 47,000 3D screens) in May 2019. Starring Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar, 2.0 has already crossed the Rs 250 crore revenue mark in box office collections in all languages — Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
New Delhi: Having already grossed more than Rs 250 crore in box office collections in just five days of its release in three languages, Rajinikanth’s latest film 2.0 will be released across 10,000 theatres in China in May next year. The film’s producers Lyca Productions have announced a tie-up with Chinese film distributor and producer HY Media for the release of 2.0 in China.
“Dubbed and subtitled versions of 2.0 is slated to be released in China in 10,000 theatres with 56,000 screens (including 47,000 3D screens) in May 2019, the widest 3D release for any foreign film in history,” the producers of 2.0 said in a statement adding that they recognise China as a major film market.
47,000+ 3D screens are gearing up for #2Point0 🔥 in China! China is going to be a Thalaivar fort now! 😎#2Point0InChina @rajinikanth @akshaykumar @shankarshanmugh @iamAmyJackson @arrahman pic.twitter.com/PiNOHiHjrO— Lyca Productions (@LycaProductions) December 4, 2018
According to trade estimates, 3D science fiction movie 2.0 has already crossed the Rs 250 crore revenue mark across three languages — Hindi, Tamil and Telugu — in India, where it had released in about 7,000 theatres. The Hindi version alone has made over Rs 120 crore.
“The film will easily be over Rs 300 crore for the week and may finish the extended first week with business of Rs 325 crore across India. This is a little short of Sanju which is the top film of the year in India. The all India collections of 2.0 are from 6900 screens across the country while Sanju was a 4200 screen release,” trade website Box Office India said.
Read: 2.0 movie review
A sequel to the 2010 blockbuster Enthiran, 2.0 by ace director Shankar had fans flocking to movie halls as early as 4 am.
Touted as one of the most expensive films made in India, reportedly for about Rs 550 crore, “2.0” has world class VFX and 3D and revolves around Rajinikanth’s dual avatars as scientist Vaseegaran and the reloaded robot ‘Chitti’ as they battle ‘villain’ Akshay Kumar. Amy Jackson also plays a key role as a robot.
- States, PSUs invited to bid for Air India building at Nariman Point
- HDFC Bank Q3 net profit rises 20% to Rs 5,586 crore
- FedEx starts $575 million worker buyout as overseas demand cools
- Facebook faces potential record US fine on privacy violations: Report
- India’s data must be controlled by Indians, not by global corporates: Mukesh Ambani on data colonisation
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies